Lower back pain is one of the most common problem. Most of us are sitting for longer time while working in office and this could damage your back. This professional or personal work where you tend to sit and have no activity will surely make your back weak and results in back pain. Most of the people drive to office to sit on the chair and get tired, come back to home to rest. Where there is no physical activity, which is riskily for your lower back problems. There are few exercises for lower back pain which will help you in pain relief.
Why do I have lower back pain? What Causes Lower Back Pain?
Before you dive into the best exercise for lower back pain, you must find the reason. There can be various reasons for the lower back pain. In this article we will give you a list of exercise for lower back pain for the most common back problems. Sitting for the long time is one of the major problem most of the people are facing. Good way to get rid of this lower back pain is stretching/ strengthening exercises. Back pain is the universal human experience that everyone experiences at some age. You have to take few precautions for not getting this at the early stage of life. Make sure you follow these exercise for lower back pain relief in your everyday life to avoid big problems.
3 Best Exercise for Lower Back Pain
Strengthening/ stretching can lead to less pain. But my recommendation will be to check once with your doctor or therapist before starting these exercises. It’s always good to be sure if they’re right for your health. Follow these 3 Best Exercise for Lower Back Pain with pictures.
This exercise involves Glutes, hamstrings, lower back, abs muscles. Make sure you are using mat rather than hard surface. This exercise is equipment-free. Hens it could be perform anywhere like Home, Garden, Sports Ground, Office -wherever you feel to stretch you back. This strengthening exercises for lower back pain will surely make you relaxed and feel good.
How to do the Bridge Exercise
- Lie on your back with your hands by your sides, your knees bent and feet flat on the floor.
- Make sure your feet are under your knees.
- Tighten your abdominal and buttock muscles.
- Raise your hips up to create a straight line from your knees to shoulders.
- Squeeze your core and try to pull your belly button back toward your spine.
- If your hips sag or drop, lower yourself back on the floor.
- The goal is to maintain a straight line from your shoulders to your knees and hold for 20 to 30 seconds. You may need to begin by holding the bridge position for a few seconds as you build your strength. It’s better to hold the correct position for a shorter time than to go longer in the incorrect position.
- Aim for 10 repetitions and two sets.
2. Side Lying Leg Lift
This exercise is also a mat exercise, avoid hard surface. This exercise will help you getting relief from lower back pain and also useful for abs. On the other hand, it’s a good exercise to build you glute and hip muscles. This is one of the easiest lower back exercise to do at home.
How to do Side Lying Leg Lift
- Lie on one side, keeping your lower leg slightly bent on the ground.
- Engage your core by drawing your belly button in toward your spine.
- Raise your top leg without moving the rest of your body.
- Hold for 2 seconds at the top. Repeat 10 times.
- Repeat on other side. Perform 3 sets on each side.
3. Superman Exercise
This is one of the most easy exercise that anyone can perform anywhere. Because of the simplicity of this exercise, many mistakes are made while doing this exercise. Kindly read the instructions and method carefully before doing this. While you are working for hours in office, you should know how to treat lower back pain, as it’s the most common problem you going to face. Superman Exercise will help get relief from lower back pain, also it’s good for your abs.
How to do Superman Exercise
- Lie on your stomach with your arms extended out in front of you and your legs long.
- Lift your hands and feet off the ground approximately 6 inches, or until you feel a contraction in your lower back.
- Engage your core muscles by slightly lifting your belly button off the floor. Reach away with your hands and feet. Be sure to look at the floor during this exercise to avoid neck strain.
- Hold for 2 seconds.
- Return to starting position. Repeat 10 times.
Lower Back Pain Exercise PDF
Sometime, to keep checking the same article from web is quite difficult. So we have given you lower back pain exercise PDF where you can save it in your devices and take action any time anywhere. In the absence of internet connection, you can use the downloaded PDF for the correct steps to follow while exercise. So here is the PDF of 3 Best exercise for back pain with pictures.