Coronavirus is a deadly virus spreading across the world rapidly. This fatal virus has taken dozen of lives in a short period. This virus usually found in animals. This virus can also be transmitted from animal to human, but the case is rare. Coronavirus came from china’s Wuhan sea food market.
The primary source has not yet discovered as the market also provides wild animal meat like snakes and crocodile. How dangerous is this virus and how does it spreads? What are the symptoms of coronavirus and what precautions you should take? We have covered everything you should know about coronavirus.
What is Coronavirus?
Coronavirus is not a single virus, but it’s a large group of viruses that attacks your respiratory system. Scientists have termed these viruses as zoonotic, which means, these viruses can be transmitted from animals to human. Several coronaviruses are circulating in animals and not yet discovered by scientists.
Two similar coronaviruses found earlier viz SARS-CoV and MERS-CoV. The detailed study found that the SARS-CoV was transmitted from civet cats while MERS-CoV was transmitted from dromedary camels.
These are the viruses usually transmitted from animal to human if these animals are consumed recently killed or live.
What are symptoms of Coronavirus?
As said, coronavirus attacks your respiratory system. It can make poeple sick and weak in breathing. The common symptoms may include:
- Shortness of breath
- Breathing Difficulties
- A watery nose
- Pain in the head (headache)
- Mild Fever or Fever
- Body pain
People who have a weakened immune system should take more precaution, as it could catch them faster. Above are the most common and mild symptoms of coronavirus.
Coronavirus has other more severe symptoms like pneumonia or bronchitis while some people can have severe acute respiratory syndrome, kidney failure and even death.
How to Prevent Coronavirus?
There is no vaccine yet discovered to prevent coronavirus (2019-nCoV). The only best way to avoid this infection/virus is to avoid being exposed to this virus and stay away from the infected person. Some of the regular habits could save you or keep you away from suffering from coronavirus includes:
- You should wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer (at least 60% alcohol) if soap and water are not available.
- It would help if you did not touch your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick or have a cold or fever.
- Stay home when you are infected or not feeling well.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue or handkerchief, then throw the tissue in the trash (or wash hanky with soap and water).
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Whatever you so to prevent from this deadly virus, you can suffer from it you aren’t aware enough. You should consult with your doctor if you feel any weakness, headache, cold or cough. It would be best if you also were mindful while travelling to unknown places.
If travelling to China, be aware of such symptoms and avoid being in live animal markets, which is where the latest outbreak began in Wuhan, China.
What to do if you are sick with Coronavirus?
If you are recently travelling from China and feel sick like cough, cold or difficulty in breathing, then you should immediately visit your doctor and tell them about your recent travel and exact symptoms.
You can do the following things if you are feeling sick with Coronavirus.
- Please consult with the expert doctor and tell them about your recent activity and symptoms.
- Avoid contact with another person.
- Avoid travelling while you’re sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue. (Don’t use hands to cover nose and mouth)
- Wash your hands often with soap.
Following are the steps to prevent spreading of Coronaviruses.
- Stay home (Except to get medical care) – You should avoid going to school, college or work while you are suffering from illness. It would be best if you did not leave from home (except to get medical care).
- Separate yourself from other people at home – Stay away from your family as much as you can. Also use a separate bathroom, if possible.
- Cover your sneezing – Use hanky or tissue to cover your nose and mouth while coughing and sneezing. Don’t use you hands to cover it.
- Wash you hands – Wash your hands with soap and alcohol-based hand sanitizer (at least 60%).
- Avoid contact with pets and other animals – Don’t handle pets or other animals while you’re sick. Must wear a facemask if you’re around animals or care for a pet.
List of Countries affected by Coronaviruses (2019-nCoV)
- Hong Kong
- Sri Lanka
- The Republic of Korea
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States