Having a ripped chest is still a dream for many youngsters. It is one of the most attractive muscle, whether guys are in a t-shirt or not. The shape of the chest looks complete when every part of it is trained regularly. So, here is the ultimate chest workout plan which will cover every muscle.
Having a defined chest helps you to complete home tasks, like pushing any object. We design workouts in such a way that you can train every muscle with best chest workouts. To understand the workout better we will tell you about chest anatomy.
Chest has Two Heads :
Clavicular Head (Pectoralis Major)
- Clavicular head contains upper chest
- When you are doing any pressing exercise, eg. barbell bench press, dumbbell bench press, push up, etc. These all are push exercises. You are pushing the weight. In this kind of exercise, your Pectoralis Major gets activated.
- Whether you are performing it in decline, flat or incline, it doesn’t matter, you are training your Pectoralis Major.
It just the thing that your maximum tension is on the particular region, which we call as upper, lower and middle chest.
Sternal Head (Pectoralis Major)
- Sternal head contains the middle chest and lower chest
- Our Pectoralis Minor gets activated when we do flies. Whether it is dumbbell flies or cable flies.
Ultimate Chest Workout Plan
Lets have a look at best chest workouts along with their target area. Step by step process of doing these chest exercises will be given for best results. Because maintaining correct form while doing chest exercises is must.
1. Barbell Bench Press
How To Do Barbell Bench Press:
- Lie flat on a bench press machine.
- Use a medium width grip to lift the bar.
- First, lift the bar from the rack and hold it straight over you with your arms locked.
- This will be your starting position.
- Then come slowly down and touch the barbell at your chest.
- This will complete your one repetition.
- Breath in when you come down. Breathe out when you press the barbell.
2. Superset of Flat Dumbbell Press and Flat Dumbbell Flies
A) Flat Dumbbell Press
How to do Flat Dumbbell Press:
- Lie on a flat bench with facing your head up.
- Your feet should be on the floor.
- Take two dumbbells according to your capacity.
- Keep your arm at about 90 degrees.
- Then press them up towards the ceiling and by extending your elbows, feel the contraction in your chest.
- Make muscle mind connection.
- Then return slowly to the starting position.
- Keep in mind that don’t do ego lifting or you can have shoulder injuries.
- Breathe out when you lift the dumbbells towards the ceiling and breathe in while coming back.
B) Flat Dumbbell Flies
How to do Flat Dumbbell Flies:
- Lie flat on a bench.
- Take two dumbbells according to your weight.
- Extend your arms by holding the dumbbell.
- Bend your elbows slightly to avoid joint injuries. Lower down the dumbbells until they are at shoulder height.
- Inhale when you bring dumbbells down and exhale while flying them up again.
3. Decline Dumbbell Press
How to do decline Dumbbell Press:
- Lie down on decline bench.
- Take two dumbbells according to your capacity.
- Keep your arms at 90 degrees, this will be your starting position.
- Now push the dumbbells all the way up while exhaling.
- Pause for 1 second and return to starting position while inhaling.
- Feel the contraction in your lower chest.
4. Incline Barbell Press
How to do Incline Barbell Press:
- Lie down on an incline bench.
- Set the angle to 45 degrees.
- Set the weight of the barbell according to your capacity.
- Hold the barbell grip more than shoulder-width apart, with an overhand grip.
- Slowly take the barbell out from the rack and lift it by extending your elbows.
- Then slowly bring it down and touch the bar at your upper chest.
- Inhale when you bring the barbell down.
- Exhale back when you lift it.
5. Superset of Peck Deck Flies and Parallel Bar Dips
A) Peck Deck Flies
How to do Peck Deck Flies :
- Set the weight of plates according to your capacity.
- Sit on the machine’s seat and press your elbows into the pads, relaxing your forearms and wrist.
- Now, exhale and force the pads together until they touch in front of your chest.
- Inhale while you complete the movement.
B) Parallel Bar Dips
How to do Parallel Bar Dips:
- Get the parallel bar.
- Keep your hands grip on both sides of the bar.
- Get yourself up and bend the knees.
- Keep your back nice and straight.
- Lean slightly forward and keep your elbows slightly wider when you come down.
- Try to keep your form correct.
- Bring yourself down up to at least 90 degrees (and even more if you are strong enough).
- Then return to the starting position to complete one rep.
6. Adding Push-Ups :
You can try these variations of Push-ups :
1) Normal push-ups
2) Diamond push-ups
3) Hindu push-ups
4) Pike push-ups
5) Clap push-ups
6) One hand-ups
Push-ups is one of the best chest workouts which acts on core muscle and can be done without any external equipments. Doing push ups after chest workout is best chest exercise for men.
Best chest exercises and chest workouts are explained with step by step procedure. These Chest exercises will yield maximum results when proper sequence of doing these exercises will be followed.
Perfect kit for the workout at home
Kore K-PVC 20kg Combo 3 Leather Home Gym and Fitness Kit
- 20 kg of PVC weight (2 kg x 4 = 8kg + 3 kg x 4 = 12 kg)
- 1 x 3 feet curl rod + 2 x 14 inch dumbbell rods
- 100 percent pure leather gym gloves + 1 gym backpack + 1 skipping rope + 1 hand gripper + 2locks and clippers comes with the rods
- A combination of all gym equipment for the perfect workout
- It is highly durable and long lasting
- A perfect muscle builder
- In-Box Contents: 20 kg of PVC Weight (2 kg x 4 = 8kg, 3 kg x 4 = 12 kg), 1 x 3 feet Curl Rod, 2 x 14 inch Dumbbell Rods
- Other Features: Highly Durable and Long Lasting, Perfect Muscle Builder, Combination of All Gym Equipments for Perfect Workout, 100% Pure Leather Gym Gloves with Wrist Supporter, 14 inch Dumbbell Rods, 3 ft Curl Rod