Bicep workouts have entirely designed to build the strength in your arms and make them look fabulous in all outfits. We all want well built and bigger biceps.
Some of the people think building bigger biceps is very difficult. They’re either doing it in the wrong way or not purely focused on building bicep mass. Getting bigger biceps is not a difficult task; you have to do it correctly. Make a workout schedule and follow it.
Some people say, working on biceps is stupidity. However, you should be focused on your workout and concentrate on the muscles you are working. There is no shame in working for getting biceps from the lean body. To achieve perfect shaped biceps, you have to work hard for it.
Dumbbell bicep workout is the most common workout every one follows. There are a lot more variations you should try to get that shaped bicep. We have listed all the possible and impactful bicep workouts that you can include in your daily workout schedule.
To build strength in your arm, your arm (biceps and triceps) should look perfect. This article is all about making your arms by following ideal bicep workouts. Just focus on your appearance to build strength and mass in your biceps.
Bicep Workouts For Men and Women
These bicep workouts have listed for both men and women. Both of you can follow these workouts for building your biceps. Take weights as per your convenience. There is a myth that the heavier you lift, the stronger your get body. While we would like to clarify that the correctly you do (doesn’t matter the weight you lifted), the perfect shapes you get.
The following listed bicep workouts are both of you. It’s just a matter of your workout schedule (which and when you include bicep workouts).
So, there are a lot of bicep workouts that you can follow to grow your biceps. Some of them need a few biceps equipment, machines, etc. while some of these exercises you can perform at home. We have listed bicep workouts at the gym and Bicep workouts at home.
You can do bicep exercises in various forms. Variation does matter to you grow you muscles. Keep updating your workouts every week for better results. You can do bicep exercises with dumbbells, barbells, resistance bands, Pull-up bar, cable crossover, etc.
Mentioned exercises is a list of all practical bicep exercises that you can include in your workout schedule. You’re not supposed to do all of these on a single day. We will give the best biceps workout routine for you at the end of this article.
To get bigger biceps, you need to incorporate various bicep exercises with dumbbells.
1. Standing Barbell Curl
Standing barbell curls are the excellent mass building exercise targeting the biceps. Standing barbell curls is one of the most common bicep workouts that everyone starts as a beginner. Even if this exercise seems easy, there are some instructions and process you should follow to grow your bicep correctly.
Instructions for Standing Barbell Curl:
- Stand straight up and back straight, keep feet together (You can also put your one leg backward for balancing body)
- Make sure that you don’t touch the barbell to your body.
- Keep your eyes facing forwards, elbows tucked in at your sides.
- Keep your body completely still.
How to do Standing Barbell Curl
- Stand straight with your chest up, and core braced
- Holding the barbell with your hands just outside of your hips, using an underhand grip.
- Raise your hands slightly so you feel your biceps become engaged.
- While maintaining tension on your biceps, curl the bar up to shoulder height
- Give your biceps a one-second squeeze and start to lower the bar slowly.
- While lowering the bar, keep your biceps tensed and engaged.
- Once the bar is back in the start position, straighten your arms fully.
- Do it till failure. Ten are mandatory (12-15 reps | 3 Sets)
2. Concentration Curls
Instructions for Concentration Curls:
1) Keep your back straight and upper arm still. Only your forearm should move.
2) Don’t swing your dumbbell.
3) Make sure that your elbow doesn’t pivot on your thigh and doesn’t fully lockout when you extend the arm.
4) It will be fine to keep dumbbell even below your capacity level. Because this exercise can get wrong if the weight is overloaded.
How to do Concentration Curls
1) Sit on a bench and keep your elbow on the inside of your thigh and grab the dumbbell.
2) With Palm facing forward, chest up, bring up the dumbbell up to chest, and come back to the starting position slowly.
3) While you bring your dumbbell up to chest, twist the Dumbbell slightly at the end.
4) Breathe out when you lift the dumbbell and breathe in a while returning to the starting position.
5) Keep a strong muscle mind connection, and try to feel the pump in your biceps.
3. Resistance Band Hammer Curl
Instructions for Resistance Band Hammer Curl:
1 ) Place the band correctly under your feet, and it should not move while performing throughout the exercise.
2 ) Keep the full range of motion, avoid half ranges.
3 ) The upper arm should be steady, and the only forearm should move.
How to do Resistance Band Hammer Curl
1 ) Take the resistance band from the gym and place it under your feet and hold them tightly in neutral grip hold.
2 ) Have an average distance of both feet. Keep your core tight, chest up, and while exhaling, curl the band up, without moving your elbows.
3 ) Pause for a second and return to starting position to complete one repetition.
4. Standing Dumbbell Curl
Instructions for Standing Dumbbell Curl:
1) Always choose the weight of the dumbbell according to capacity. Ego lifting ruins your form and posture.
2) Try not to move your elbows, while lifting a dumbbell, try to lift them only with the help of your biceps strength. You can take the support of the wall for not letting your elbow move.
3) Always exhale while curling and inhale while returning to starting position
4) Stop for 3 seconds at the last rep of each set for maximum tension.
How to do Standing Dumbbell Curl
1) Stand straight with taking two dumbbells with shoulder-width apart, keeping head position straight and chest up.
2) Curl the dumbbells or barbell up and contract biceps. Pause for 1 second and slowly take them down.
3) Don’t move your torso while performing curls.
5. Barbell Preacher Curl
Instructions for Spider Curl:
1 ) Adjust the seat to ensure that your upper arms, from armpits to elbows, lie flat on the padded surface of the preacher bench
2 ) Keep your elbows inline with your shoulders.
3 ) Keep your body still. Only your forearm should move.
How to do Spider Curl
1 ) Sit on the preacher bench and lift the barbell off the rest using a shoulder-width underhand grip.
2 ) Exhale as you curl the barbell upwards, towards your shoulders
3 ) Hold for a count of two and squeeze your biceps.
4 ) Inhale as you lower the barbell until your elbows are fully extended.
5 ) Repeat for the prescribed number of repetitions.
6. Hammer Curl
Instructions for Hammer Curl:
1 ) Keep your body and upper arms steady, and only your forearms should move.
2 ) You can curl both the dumbbells at the same time, or you can curl them alternately.
3 ) If you try to lift too heavy, there are chances of the neck, shoulders, and back injury. Hence always knowing capacity is very important.
How to do Hammer Curl
1 ) Stand straight with feet at an average distance. Chest up and core tight, keep your neck straight.
2 ) Take two dumbbells, hold them neutral in such a way that palms should face your thighs. This will be your starting position.
3 ) Curl the dumbbells neutrally up, pause for a second and return to starting position slowly.
4 ) You can curl both the dumbbells at the same time or one by one. It’s upto you.
7. Incline Dumbbell Curl
Instructions for Incline Dumbbell Curl:
1 ) Make sure you fully supinate your forearm.
2 ) Keep your upper arm fixed, and the only forearm should move.
3 ) If by chance you can’t curl both of the arms at the same time, you can lift them alternately also
4 ) Don’t let your shoulders move throughout the movement. Try to keep elbows locked.
5 ) Don’t rush and keep the movement slow and neat.
How to do Incline Dumbbell Curl
1 ) Take two dumbbells of moderate weight.
2 ) Set your incline bench upto 45 degrees. Lay down on the bench with both the dumbbells in hand. This is your starting position.
3 ) Now, slowly start curling the dumbbell up. Pause for a second and return to starting position slowly.
8. Zottman Curl
Instructions for Zottman Curl:
1 ) As this exercise is a combination of 3 exercises, it may be challenging to connect muscle mind connection. So you have to only focus on breathing technique and correct form
2 ) Exhale when you curl and inhale while returning to starting position in reverse grip pattern.
3 ) Keep your back still and head facing forward.
4 ) Just make sure that you don’t overweight dumbbells, it ruins form.
How to do Zottman Curl
1 ) Stand straight with your feet shoulder-width apart and take two dumbbells.
2 ) Take a starting position just like hammer curls (neutral grip).
3 ) Now, curl the dumbbells neutrally until you make the angle of 90 degrees.
4 ) From that position, switch the grip to a supinated position and curl it up to your upper chest.
5 ) Pause for a second and return to starting position in reverse grip curls manner.
6 ) So, overall its the combination of hammer curl, supinated grip curls, and reverse grip curls.
9. Chin Ups
Instructions for Chin Ups:
1 ) Try to keep your legs straight throughout the movement.
2 ) Your chin should atleast touch the bar before you go back to starting position.
3 ) Don’t engage your shoulders at the top.
How to do Chin Ups
1 ) Take a supinated grip on the bar (palms facing towards your body).
2 ) Don’t take a wide-grip, keep the distance regular.
3 ) Keep your core tight. Leg straight and retracted scapula. This will be your starting position.
4 ) Now pull yourself up until your chin is just above the bar.
5 ) Hold it for a second and return to starting position slowly to complete one repetition.
6 ) Exhale when you go up and inhale while returning to starting position.
10. Reverse Barbell Curl
Instructions for Reverse Barbell Curl:
1 ) Avoid taking barbell back to starting position too quickly. Try to control the movement and not swing the barbell.
2 ) You can use the EZ bar, as it can be more comfortable for your wrists.
3 ) Keep your elbows tight and don’t let them move throughout the movement.
How to do Reverse Barbell Curl
1 ) Set the weight of the barbell according to your capacity.
2 ) Take the barbell in your hand in reverse pattern and keep your chest up and core tight.
3 ) Both feet should be at an average distance.
4) Now, curl the barbell up and pause for a second.
5) Return back to starting position to complete one rep.
6) To get maximum results from this exercise, it’s important to perform any exercise with correct form.
Biceps Workout at Home
Biceps workout at home is designed, especially for those who can’t afford to go to the gym or don’t have that much time for the regular gym. With the hectic schedule of daily routine, its not always possible to go to the gym and workout. But, when it comes to your health and strength, you should exercise at least at home.
Biceps workout at home doesn’t need any equipment. Having muscular arms is a sign of strength and fitness. Don’t make excuses, workout at home, and get fit. Sometimes, small fitness motivation is more than enough to get you started.
If you want to build your bicep, you should work hard for it keeping other body parts workouts in the schedule. But what if you want to do bicep workout without weights?
Here is the list of biceps exercises that you can do at home and make your bicep look strengthful.
1. Forearm Plank
2. Plank Up-Down
4. Decline Push-up
5. Incline Push-ups
6. Lateral plank walk
7. Resistance Band Row