Having dandruff is the most embarrassing thing when you are going to a party or even an interview. When we wear the dark colour formal dress on various occasions, we can see dandruff falling on clothes. It creates social or self-esteem problems in public. So, it’s necessary to get rid of dandruff before it’s too late. In today’s article, we will follow a scientific approach to get rid of dandruff.
Initially, we will see what exactly dandruff is, causes of dandruff, symptoms of dandruff. Best shampoo to eliminate dandruff has also provided so that you do not need to search for it.
What is Dandruff?
Dandruff is a skin condition that affects the scalp. There are many symptoms of dandruff, but generally flaking and mild itchiness can observe in the initial stage. Dandruff formation is more related to the scalp than to hair. Lingering dandruff seems to be very irritating as it can be spotted on our shoulders during our day to day routine.
Dandruff is not a severe health issue, but it causes social or self-esteem problems. It increases with time if it’s not cured on time. The acute form of dandruff results in inflammation of the skin called seborrhoeic dermatitis.
What Causes Dandruff?
Dandruff can cause due to many reasons. Oily and irritated skin is the most common reason for dandruff. Malassezia, a yeast-like fungus is found on scalps of adults which results in the formation of dandruff. And if you are not shampooing with best shampoos, this amplifies the cause of creation.
Some people are highly sensitive to chemicals present in hair care products. Overuse of these chemicals results in dry skin which can also cause other skin conditions like psoriasis and eczema.
Is dandruff more common in men?
Yes. It’s a fact that dandruff is more common in men than women. Men with oiler hair and dry scalp are more prone to dandruff formation. The presence of dandruff also depends on genetics, which later accelerated due to bad lifestyle habits.
Male hormone (testosterone) also plays a significant role in influencing the rate of dandruff formation.
How do I get Rid of Dandruff?
Let’s get back to the essential part of this article, that is, How to get rid of dandruff. If we tackle it in the first stage, we can eliminate dandruff. Moreover, it’s recommended to follow a healthy lifestyle which also includes a proper diet to get rid of dandruff fast.
1) Make Tea Tree Oil a significant source of hair nourishment. You can add 1-2 drops of tea tree oil with coconut oil regularly.
2) Take an equal mixture of vinegar and plain water and apply it to scalps 2 hours before sleep (and wash during bath)
3) Do Coconut Oil Massage daily.
4) Use dry Neem leaves in warm water while taking a bath It contains natural antibacterial as well as anti-fungal qualities
5) Apply Aloe Vera pulp once in a week to the scalp and keep it for 4-5 hours before washing it with neem leaves mixed water
6) Garlic juice applied at the root of hairs act as an anti-fungal natural product
7) Minimize Stress Levels (Introduction of Yoga)
8) Add Apple Cider Vinegar to Your Routine
9) Lemongrass oil
10) Increase the Intake of Omega-3s through your regular diet
11) Add a mixture of Baking Soda and water to root of hairs before sleep
12) Do not oil hair and keep it on for long
13) Crush one un-coated aspirin tablets into a fine powder and mix it with regular shampoo and apply it daily. You will observe the effect in 2-3 months.
Which is the Best Shampoo to Get Rid of Dandruff?
There are thousands of shampoo brands available in the market which claim to help get rid of dandruff. But the best organic shampoo available in the market, which helps in reducing dandruff levels is Anti Dandruff shampoo by Wow Brand.
Reasons for Selecting Anti-Dandruff shampoo by Wow:
Frequently Asked Questions on Dandruff (FAQs)
1. How do you get rid of dandruff fast?
It is practically not possible to get rid of dandruff fast. It will take time. I will recommend you to follow multiple remedies at a time to see results in less period.
2. Why do I have so much dandruff?
There can be many reasons like genetics, oily and irritated skin, the presence of Malassezia bacteria, dry scalp, etc. Moreover, bad lifestyle habits accelerate dandruff formation.
3. Can dandruff go away on its own?
It’s challenging. You need to follow home remedies along with dietary changes to get rid of dandruff.
4. Is it wrong to have dandruff?
No. Not at all. It is not a severe issue. But it results in social or self-esteem problems in public which directly affects our confidence levels in day to day life.
5. How often should I wash my hair?
Once a day is enough. What matters more is the quality of shampoo you are using to wash hair. Avoid shampoos that contain excess chemical contents and follow the above remedies for early results.
6. Can dandruff lead to hair loss?
It cannot lead to hair loss but can accelerate the hair loss process in extreme cases. So, it’s better to tackle both hair loss and dandruff formation in its first stage.